Tuesday, 1 August 2017

August Scrap Twist Blog Train : Dog Days Of Summer

Happy August! It's a brand new month, and that means a brand new Scrap Twist Blog Train! This month's theme, palette and twist were chosen by Susan from Sue's Beautiful Reflections. The theme she chose was "Dog Days Of Summer" - a phrase I (as an Australian) wasn't familiar with. So, I had to ask Uncle Google for some help! It turns out that it refers to the hottest part of Summer, where the heat and humidity means you don't feel like doing anything too strenuous. August is the tail end of Winter in Queensland, Australia (where I live), so temperatures are quite comfortable here!

This is the palette we were given to work with, although I chose to work with 
only four of the colours, black, white, blue, and the darker pink:




We had two twists this time; the first one being that there had to be something dog-related in the kit, with the second being that we had to make a striped paper with 3 of the palette colours.

My contribution this month has two previews (one for the elements, and the other for the papers) although there is only one 43.6 MB download.




Download from DROPBOX or GOOGLE DRIVE or JUMPSHARE


Here are all the Blog Train links:



I hope you enjoy downloading and using everything we have for you this month - see you soon!














9 comments:

  1. I love the colors you picked and the plaid papers - thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Deb - I'm so glad you like the kit!

      Delete
  2. Thank You Robyn ! Now you can start a new phrase during your hottest month down under.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing -- love those hearts!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I fell in love with them as soon as I saw them - check my Credits file for the source.

      Delete
  4. What a sweet dog. Thanks for for kit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Cesc. The dog is my sister's border collie, Blaze. He's a lovely dog, and they have competed in the show ring and in obedience. They now do agility and rally-o.

      Delete
  5. Чудесный набор!!! Большое спасибо!!!

    ReplyDelete

Internet Woes!

I'm just letting you know that I'm having internet problems, and am waiting for them to get fixed. I can post and comment, but can o...